Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Grammy, My Mentor

Emily Catharine Travis Brosier
June 16, 1923 - April 2, 2009

Today the most inspirational woman in my life left this world surrounded by her family. She lived a great 85 years full of love from family and friends. She never gave up on me. She pushed me to accomplish great things. I will accomplish great things for her.
When they removed the ventilator tube, the family surrounded her bed. I grabbed her right hand and told her how much I loved her. She was looking at me slightly. She pulled my hand up to her chest and tried to smile. I think she was telling me that it was going to be ok, she was thankful for us letting her go be with my grandfather and perhaps she was smiling because I had on the hat she made me when I was in the ninth grade.
I told her I was going to finish school and she didn’t have to worry about that.
I has just visited my grammy on Friday. This was so unforeseen for me.

Gramma, I will make you proud. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for pushing me. Thank you for your great words of wisdom and your advice. I am where I am because of your persistant pushing me. You told me once that when you were "dead and gone" that you were going to be watching over me making sure I finished school. No worries :) I love you Gramma...
n199601114_30311845_61302

No comments:

Post a Comment